Meeting Management & Facilitation Skills Workshop
► Next Training: September 19-20, 2017
► Registration Fee: $499
This two-day, introductory workshop is designed to strengthen meeting facilitation skills in order to better prepare for and facilitate effective meetings and projects. The Facilitation Center will provide participants with a a certificate of completion and“Great Meetings! Great Results” by Dee Kelsey and Pam Plumb.
- Role of the Facilitator
- Display-thinking and Storyboarding
- Group Dynamics
- Planning Meetings
- Meeting Design and Planning
- Facilitation and the Facilitated Process
- Safe, Enjoyable Meeting Environments
- Idea Generation
- Diversions and Difficult Participants
Who Should Attend?
The training is designed for those who have never facilitated a meeting, as well as, those who have some basic facilitation experience.
- New facilitators will learn the philosophy, techniques, tools and process involved in an effective meeting, plus garner confidence in leading future meetings. This training also teaches the value of engaged participants, so even if you don’t facilitate a lot of meetings, you can still reap the rewards of using what you’ve learned, and share with others, to help meetings run more smoothly.
- Participants with some experience will learn new tools and techniques, be given the opportunity to sharpen facilitation skills, and validate what you know (or don’t know). In addition, participants are formalizing their knowledge and skills, making them even more valuable to their employer or future employer.
When/Where Are Trainings Held?
This two-day training is conducted throughout the year in the Richmond, Ky area and advertised on our events page, as well as, through direct e-mail notification. Workshops can also be arranged in other venues, if an organization has an existing group that would like to receive training. Our trainers have traveled from Washington to Florida providing trainings for various businesses and organizations. If you’d like to receive e-mail notifications about upcoming workshops, or would like more information about providing a workshop at another location, please contact us.