DISC Behavioral Styles
DISC is a behavioral assessment tool used to improve work productivity, teamwork and communication. DISC is non-judgmental and helps people discuss their behavioral preferences and differences. It is a culturally valid, universal language that is behavior-based, so it can be observed. The four DISC tendencies are:
Dominance: How you respond to problems and challenges.
Influence: How you influence others to your point of view.
Steadiness: How you respond to the pace of the environment.
Compliance: How you respond to the rules/procedures set by others.
The Faciliation Center uses these profiles to help clients:
- Build teams and improve communication
- Increase self knowledge: how you respond to conflict, what motivates you, what causes you stress, and how you solve problems
- Learn how to adapt your own style to get along better with others
- Foster constructive and creative group interactions
- Facilitate better teamwork and minimize team conflict
- Manage more effectively by understanding the behaviors of employees and team members
This service can be included with your facilitation package or can be a dedicated workshop. Participants answer a series of questions and a detailed report is produced based on the responses. Team reports are also available. The reports provide insights into behaviors, characteristics, ideal environments, pace or work, and communicating with others. For more information on how to effectively utilize DISC profiles with your group, contact Stefanie Ashley.