The Facilitation Center is part of University Outreach & Engagement at Eastern Kentucky University (EKU) and works closely with all EKU colleges, departments, and administrative offices, providing services ranging from strategic planning and curriculum development to problem-solving and team-building retreats. The Center actively supports the University’s vision, mission, values, and strategic goals in a myriad of ways:
- The Center models and teaches approaches that enable others to adapt and succeed in a dynamic, global society, which is a part of the EKU vision.
- The Center works with hundreds of organizations to enhance their intellectual capacity, economic vitality, environmental sustainability and quality of life, which directly supports the University’s emphasis on regional stewardship.
- The facilitative model used by the Center promotes and teaches critical and creative thinking, a core value and goal of the University.
- Working directly with students and faculty, the Center directly and indirectly supports their professional and personal growth, engagement, leadership skills, and scholarship.
- Highly regarded nationally and internationally for their expertise, the Center promotes this standard of excellence held by the University.
Aside from the Center’s ongoing involvement in supporting EKU’s leadership and academic departments, we also serve a multitude of state and national agencies and organizations, other universities and community colleges, and private businesses.