Facilitating Virtual Meetings, Session I
Eastern Kentucky University
September 22, 2020
After participating in this interactive, four-hour workshop, participants will be better able to:
- Describe key planning steps for successful remote meetings
- Perform basic and advanced functions in Zoom, including breakouts and polling
- Explore virtual collaboration tools and identify important platform criteria based on needs
- Develop strategies for engaging a remote audience
- Gain confidence and experience in hosting a remote Zoom meeting by practicing with peers
This workshop is designed for those who have experience with facilitation and want to broaden their knowledge and sharpen existing facilitation skills in a remote setting. Like all of the Center’s workshops, this energetic session is carefully designed to get attendees actively involved and engaged in a safe environment. The trainer for this session will be Stefanie Ashley, a Certified Professional Facilitator and Certified Virtual Facilitator. Stefanie regularly facilitates meetings and conducts trainings across the country, both in-person and remotely, and will share her techniques and tips for applying facilitation skills in a virtual environment.
The Meeting Management & Facilitation Skills Workshop is a pre-requisite to this course. Registration is limited and will be filled on a first-come basis. Three repeating sessions are being offered to better accommodate schedules and to keep the size of each session small to ensure opportunities for hands-on practice.
For more information contact Sarah Gilbert.
Session I: September 22 | 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM EDT
Session II: September 23 | 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM EDT | CLASS FULL
Session III: September 29 | 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM EDT | CLASS FULL
Location: Online via Zoom